SeekingHealth Optimal GI Plus 30 Servings (unflavoured)
- Comprehensive, nutrient-dense blend supports gut health
- Mixes easily in water
Who Needs Optimal GI Plus
Your gut health sets the stage for your overall health. Ensuring healthy digestion and absorption of nutrients is also one of the most effective things you can do for your immune function.†
Optimal GI Plus provides a powerful blend of herbs and nutrients that synergistically support healthy digestion, GI barrier, and immune system function. L-Glutamine is added for enhanced gut lining support.†
Optimal GI Plus was formulated by epigenetics expert Dr. Ben Lynch. Like our taste-free Optimal GI capsules, this drinkable powder promotes optimal digestive tract function. It features a stronger serving of herbs and nutrients along with L-glutamine to support a healthy gut lining.†
Optimal GI Plus supports the following health benefits:†
- An effective gut barrier
- Normal intestinal motility
- Digestive health and comfort
- Healthy connective tissues in the GI tract
- Healthy mucous membranes in the GI tract
- Regular bowel movements and waste elimination
- Healthy detoxification pathways
- A healthy gut microbiome
An unhealthy gut can contribute to digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, diarrhea, and malabsorption. Moreover, many diseases of modern society are thought to be rooted in a leaky gut.
If intestinal barrier function becomes compromised, it can trigger the ongoing activation of the immune system and inflammation. With over 60% of the immune system located in the gut lining, a healthy digestive system is also critical for immune health.
The gastrointestinal (GI) tract requires more than probiotics to support healthy digestion.†
Optimal GI Plus contains soothing and strengthening herbs to support a healthy gut:†
- Marshmallow root extract
- Slippery elm
- Aloe vera
- Cat’s claw
- Stinging nettle extract
- Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice Root Extract (DGL)
Optimal GI Plus also contains targeted nutrients in bioavailable forms to support gut lining health and normal repair:†
- Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)
Optimal GI Plus contains a full spectrum of ingredients to support healthy tissue strength, bowel movements, and detoxification pathways. This formula is gluten-free and free from GMO markers.†
Each serving of Optimal GI Plus provides 1 gram of citrus pectin. This natural fiber provides bulk to support healthy bowel movements. It promotes regular detoxification by binding to toxins in the intestinal tract.†
Optimal GI Plus contains 1.5 grams of L-glutamine per 2 scoop serving. This unique amino acid supports gut health and function. It supports healthy immune function and normal gut lining repair. However, some people are overly-stimulated from L-glutamine supplementation. For the same formula in a lower potency without L-glutamine, try our Optimal GI capsules.†
Optimal GI Plus powder is available in peach and original herbal flavors. Simply add the powder to smoothies or juice for a delicious way to optimize your digestive health every day. Supporting your gut health has never been easier!
Key Ingredients In Optimal GI Plus
- L-Glutamine: Important amino acid used as both a building block and energy source by intestinal cells.†
- Citrus Fiber: A natural fruit fiber that provides bulk to support healthy bowel movements. It also supports regular detoxification by binding to toxins.†
- Slippery Elm: A traditional herb that supports a healthy mucosal lining in the GI tract.†
- Zinc L-Carnosine: Supports gut lining integrity and stomach comfort.†
- Cat’s Claw & Turmeric Extract: Support healthy inflammatory processes in the intestinal lining.†
- N-Acetyl-D-Glucosamine: Supports a healthy mucosal layer in the GI tract.†
Why Optimal GI Plus Works
The gastrointestinal (GI) tract has been referred to as the “inner tube” of life. Running from your mouth to down south, this tube spans up to 30 feet in length with a surface area nearing that of a tennis court! This large surface area allows for the primary function of the GI tract: to absorb nutrients from food while preventing toxins and microbes from entering your bloodstream.
The lining of the GI tract is very thin. It’s only one single cell layer thick. This allows the intestinal wall to act as a selective barrier, permitting certain substances to enter the body (e.g., digested food particles) while excluding others (e.g., harmful bacteria). This single layer of cells constitutes the most critical physical barrier that separates your bloodstream from the milieu of toxins constantly traveling through your digestive system.
The cells constituting the gut wall are arranged side-by-side and connected by microscopic gates called tight junctions. If the gut wall’s barrier function breaks down, the tight junctions can become damaged, and the intestinal lining can become leaky. This condition is known as increased intestinal permeability (hyperpermeability) or leaky gut syndrome.
Many factors can compromise the integrity of the gut lining.
- Poor diet
- Unhealthy gut flora (disproportionate ratio of good bacteria to bad bacteria)
- Lack of fermented foods and probiotics in the diet
- Autoimmune diseases
- Gluten consumption
- Food sensitivities
A leaky gut allows for undigested foods, toxins, and pathogens to leak into your bloodstream. Left unchecked, it can trigger the ongoing production of inflammation. This is because the majority of your immune system (over 60%) resides within your gut wall. A primary function of your immune system is to produce inflammatory chemicals in response to anything it deems foreign. Most diseases of modern society are characterized by excess inflammation. This is why many healthcare experts claim that both health and disease begin in the gut.
When we eat sharp foods like chips or anchovy bones, our intestinal cells can become damaged. As a result, our bodies expend tremendous energy replacing and repairing the gut lining every three to six days. Some estimate that up to 20 percent of the energy from the food we eat goes toward this process!
Thankfully, our intestinal cells produce mucus as a layer of protection. This mucosal lining is critical for overall gut health.
The ability of your intestinal lining to produce the protective mucus layer is dependent on the food you eat, and in particular, fiber. Unfortunately, many people struggle to make enough mucus in their intestines due to modern diets and lifestyles. Inadequate mucus production leaves your intestines unprotected from microbes, parasites, and toxins.
Optimal GI contains traditional herbs and targeted nutrients that support gut lining health and function. It features the following gut-supportive ingredients:†
- Fiber: A lack of dietary fiber has been shown to decrease the production of mucins from mucosal cells. Citrus fiber is included to support bowel regularity and normal detoxification pathways by binding to toxins.†
- L-Glutamine: Because intestinal cells have such rapid turnover, they need both energy and amino acid building blocks to rebuild themselves every few days. Considered one of the best supplements for gut health, L-glutamine is a vital amino acid for rebuilding and repairing the gut lining. Glutamine is also an important energy source. It is readily taken up by intestinal cells and converted to alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG). Your body can then produce energy (ATP) from AKG in the mitochondria of intestinal cells.†
- Gut lining support: Zinc supports the rapid cell turnover which occurs during gut lining repair. It also promotes normal protection of the gut lining and natural defenses against gut bacteria. N-Acetyl-D-Glucosamine supports healthy GI barrier function and the body’s normal defense responses against pathogenic bacteria.†
- Demulcent herbs: Mucus-producing herbs stimulate natural mucosal production in the GI tract. They also soothe and protect the intestinal tract. These include aloe vera, deglycyrrhizinated licorice root extract (DGL), marshmallow root, and slippery elm.†
- Healthy inflammation & immune support: Cat’s claw, MSM, aloe vera, and turmeric support healthy inflammatory and immune responses in the GI tract.†
- Histamine support: The intestinal lining is responsible for secreting DAO. Diamine Oxidase (DAO) is the primary enzyme responsible for breaking down histamine in your gut. An unhealthy gut lining can lead to low levels of DAO and subsequent struggles with histamine intolerance. Optimal GI Plus also includes herbs that help support a healthy histamine response, including stinging nettle and quercetin.†
- Antioxidant support: Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), turmeric, and glucoraphanin support antioxidant activity and oxidative stress levels by promoting normal detoxification pathways.†
- GI barrier support: Nutrients that support gut lining integrity include N-Acetyl D-Glucosamine and MSM.†
Optimal GI Plus powder is easy to add to your morning smoothies or liquid of choice. It’s available in peach and original herbal flavors. This formula contains L-glutamine to support gut lining repair. Some people may feel stimulated from L-glutamine and prefer not to supplement with it. For the same formula in a lower potency without L-glutamine, try our Optimal GI capsules.†
While the online sphere is replete with health stores, Health Synergy stands as a beacon of quality and sophistication. We pride ourselves on marrying ancient holistic traditions with cutting-edge scientific research. This harmonious blend ensures that our customers access products that are both timeless in efficacy and revolutionary in formulation. You can contact us directly should you have any questions, click here.
Should you inadvertently order the wrong item, Health Synergy gladly offers an exchange within 14 days of purchase, provided the product remains unopened and in its original condition. While we waive any restocking fees in such instances, customers will bear the return shipping costs and the shipping charges for the replacement item.